Mar 14, 2009

February


..was quite possibly the biggest birthday month, ever. 
<--Francesca's 28th (Italy) 
Hayley's 20th (England) 
Theresa's 23rd (Austria) 
Ellen's 25th (Germany) 
Oliver's 22nd (England) 
Arthurs 22nd (Malaysia)
Olivier's 20th (France)

..in the middle of the rowdiest rugby/football sports season:
Manchester United football and 6 Nations Rugby.

Pancake Day in the UK, Feb 24th. British pancakes are American Crepes. YUM-O! ..Rachel Ray? Anyone?

..Cheese&Wine Festival in the student union.. 10 cheeses, olives, and wines from Spain, Australia, Italy, France, and Chili. 

..and CHEPSTOW!

Chepstow is a 45 minute train ride from Cardiff. It is the cutest town known for Chepstow Castle and a cute little bridge connecting it to the city center. 
Theresa, Alex, Stefanie and I woke up early, had breakfast in the Tea House, a tiny cafe in the design of a pink doll house, roamed around, went to the castle..

On Valentines day, Francesca cooked us an Italian risotto &baked it w/apples.. A few days later, Theresa made us this casserole w/crochets, artichoke, potatoes, mushrooms, tomato, zucchinni, onion, bits of bacon, cheese... 
THEN, Stefanie cooked this amazing Austrian dish called Kässpätzle, 
basically.. homemade dumplings/macaroni with melted cheese and fried onions on top ..all 3 of the meals' salad dressings, sauces, dips, and appetizer/starters-- homemade. 

I love food!!! Almost as much as I love taking pictures of it! But I am being put to shame. I hope I'm not expected to be next..
 

No comments: