Some girl freaked out a little today. She says 'why does America have to be the best of the best at everything. Why do they have to top up everything and turn everything into something 10x better so no one can be better than them. You want cheesecake? No. you cant just get a normal slice, you have to make a factory with..
Then I slapped her.
Just kidding!
But seriously...carrot cake cheesecake...can't go wrong.
And you simply cannot just go your whole life with just choc,van,&straw ice cream.. you gotta have AND EXPERIENCE ben&jerry's and/or coldstones (try explaining the BIRTHDAY CAKE to someone who has never heard of coldstones. Literally, the most fun and difficult thing to explain at the same time) at least once in your life..!
And you can't just have a strawberry smoothie. You gotta have jamba juice ..juice it up, juice stop, or something (!) of fun fruity yum + vitamin boosts.
Coffee besides starbucks? Coffee bean, Peetes, Diedrichs, Seattles, Tullys, Bagles n Brew (for all u lake forest-ites)
And on that note...the bagel scene (which i am sad to say, is non existent here): bagel me, I♥Bagels, noahs, house of bagels..
And soft-pretzles (also non-existent!).... Wretzles, Auntie Annes...
Never heard of supercuts? Theres cheap haircut competitions too..just alongside fantastic sams&great clips(ehh i guess we can do w/o these)
...toppings, variety, more toppings, more variety.. more flavours.. more this, more that, more ingredients, more combinations, more, more more bla h blah blah. .who makes up this stuff anyway? simplicity is overrated..
Now don't get me wrong..I do know these are American foods and stores and inventions and whatnot, but I am fairly certain out here in Euroland, there aren't many chains of stuff for whatever country your in. Mainly bc my fellow internationals are always saying how weird it is to see the same stores everywhere (everywhere meaning theres more than one of them). Hm. Right so although I'm not dying for that stuff out here, to be honest, thoughts of "gosh i really want a bagel sandwich" come to mind way more than you might think. Or when you say you just went to 'supercuts' and are surprised no one has any idea what the heck your talking about...then you realize.. and have to remember its just anooooooother american chain..
As you can see, I think and talk a lot about food. And as of right now I really do wish I was eating a bagel sandwich. I appologize if immediately switching your thought process from delicious food categories to hair chains threw you off, but it threw ME off when I had to explain what it is! I like to think God sent me here to introduce the Brits to Ben&Jerrys and bagel sandwiches. Its really all you need in life anyway. :)
3 comments:
Yep, I really could eat a bagel right now. Great blog x
Ash, I freaking LOVE you for this! So great. I need to start dedicating more of my blog to food. Hmm...
I could really eat a bagel right now.
I have been thinking about bagels since I moved to Italy 3 weeks ago...I should open up my own shop, I'd make millions!!
Post a Comment