Apr 6, 2009

Dear life... Please stop going so fast. Thanks, Ashley.

My plane ticket is booked into LAX for June 30th! A 7 hour ride, transferring in Paris. I came here with 4 suitcases and after 9 months of being here, I can only leave with 20 kg. That equates to 44 lbs. And for every 1 pound is an extra 5 pounds. Ha ha. £5 for every extra 1 lbs, which really equals 7 dollars. Or as they say 12 GBP for every 1 kg -depending on the current GBP/USD exchange rate. (And just a side note, because of that my rent is $500 cheaper now than it was in September!) (Btw I am quite impressed with myself for figuring out conversions, which happens to be *extremely* confusing as the US is *extremely* behind in figuring out that they are probably the only country, besides I think Burma, still NOT using the metric system that the rest of this WORLD uses). Moving on ..My journey consists of walking, bus-ing, tube-ing, foreign countries, airports, and most likely ..stairs. Awesome. I'm anticipating the worst case of awkward humiliation ever so when it really happens it wont be so horrible. All I must do is focus on being in Lake Forest till mid-August then back to San Francisco for 1 more semester (or year) till I get to graduate!?!!? I'm telling you guys, time flies. But after so many many MANY years of building up my education status I think its really cool that I'm finally graduating into the worst financial crisis in 50 years! NOT.


What is even more MENTAL (British word for crazy) is that we are 1/4 of the way through 2009. And then, we will hit a new decade. And then we'll be in the 20's and when people refer to the 20's how will we know if they're talking about the 1920's or the 2020's? 


No comments: