Penarth (Wales) beach ....first of all, can we just take a moment to look at the fact that we got off on the train station DINGLE ROAD?? Hahahaha Wales must have run out of ideas..
Anyway, this beach has no sand. The shore is 100% stones. The pier is gorgeous and have enclosed room-like things so people
can sit and be romantic even though they really aren't that secluded. On our quest to find this "beach" we walked
through Alexander park by accident, which just so happened to be one of the most gorgeous parks I've ever seen. It had long stone staircases, bridges, streams, and a million bush sculptures. On our way home, we got lost but it really wasn't so bad. To be honest, you truly cannot get to know a city
until you get lost within it. This is the "posh"part of this entry. Our pathetic sense of direction re-
routed us into a neighborhood with the most massive enclosed mansion-like houses that were massive in all lengths: tall, wide, and long. Most of these houses were individually gated, or if they wern't gated, they had brick or stone walls surrounding it. Many of them had boats, shiny new cars, and driveways as big as oh, a small carpark (parkinglot). Yeah.. so after walking probably the entire distance of Cardiff looking for the station, we soon find it oh, 2 minutes
in the opposite direction from where we started. On the way home I was so hungry I actually went into a Burger King which is the 2nd time I've made this tragic mistake here in the UK. I can write a whole 'nother entry on the ill-fated event and the unfortunate selection of fast food here so I wont get started and you'll have to sit in suspense till I get around to it.. !
No comments:
Post a Comment