Strike #2, A normal diet here may very well consist of greasy sausages swimming in gravy, a plate full of ham bacon sausage &beans, bacon sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, pita kebabs, fish n chips, beer and curry, and all these entrees served with loads of chips(fries)! I've even been served chips for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, mid-night snacks (chips at mid-night are actually amazing though), and mid-day snacks...To be fair, I suppose all this greasyness is okay.. once in a while. Below is your traditional English breakfast ..chips on the side.

(Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CURRY but I'm gonna take a detour and point out the insane Indian/Turkish influence of curry on/with/in everything especially chips. Curry is always an option for sauce even in fast food places (instead of sweet&sour, bbq, etc. ). Its the European Ranch. We also have kebab "take-away" and Indian "take-away" on every street. No chinese take out. And no mexican food!)
Strike 3. Last but not least, lets take a poll. In regard to my last post the UK has 3 fast foods 'restaurants'. Mcdonalds, KFC, and Burger King. The 3 worst ones. Today in the US we have "healthier" (in 'n out), tastier (taco bell, quiznos, chipotle), and more variety (wendys, sonics, del taco. etcetcetc). Mcdonalds, KFC, and BK are at the BOTTOM of the list in the US and people just don't go there because they're just plain nasty! Well heres my theory: For the Brits, I think its still a treat. For one people never go out to eat and when they do..a nice place to 'dine out' at is pizza hut, which is a lot nicer than ours. I've also never met more people in my life who crave these nasty defrosted burgers..oh, at least once or twice a week. Or want to go there for a late-night snack. Now....Do you think its sick that that this is the case? That people crave and absolutely LOOOOVE Burger King? Or do you think its sick that, someone like me would actually look down on the fast food selection because I have 5 better ones in mind? HAHA
1 comment:
wow Ash, just let it all out! and don't worry, i think theres a taco truck somewhere on the border of Mexico thats calling your name...soon enough you will be reunited.
Post a Comment